Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life
There’s nothing like ending a cold day with a bowl of creamy chowder! Pair it with some whole grain toast and your taste buds and tummy will both be happy!
On top of that, my 17 year old daughter likes it so, in my book, that’s a recommendation worth listening to!
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 cups unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cups chopped fresh (or frozen) broccoli
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled potatoes
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked (or sweet) paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot cook onion, celery, and the remaining garlic over medium 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Add milk, 2 cups of the broccoli, the potatoes, beans, dill, and paprika. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it is mostly smooth. Add remaining broccoli and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Thanks to ForksOverKnives.com once again!
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life I normally post every 2 weeks but I thought this was so important I wanted to share it as soon as possible. The entire article (with references) is below but I summarized the 3 main points. Summary: *Researchers say that the...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Thank you to Megan Edwards at ForksOverKnives.com for this article. Summary: *The largest gains in lifespan are made by eating more legumes, whole grains, and nuts. *Women who made a sustained change starting at age 20 could...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Viruses: Next let’s take a look at VIRUSES. These little darlings are non-living strands of DNA and RNA with a protein coat surrounding it. They multiply in a living host. Here’s the icky part. While they often live in plants and...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Sometimes you just want something new. That was the case when I came across this recipe. It looked perfect for my mood, the weather, and all the cooking limitations I have due to family eating preferences. I modified it to fit...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life! There's nothing like a bowl of thick, creamy, soup at the end of a long day. This one fits the bill! Better yet, it's vegan and gluten-free for guilt-free enjoyment! Chock full of nutrition and great flavor it's a wonderful...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Now your skin doesn’t work alone. The hair, eyelashes, sweat, and tears all inhibit microbial growth and aid in washing invaders away also. The mouth and nose join in the fight here as well. Did you know that saliva isn’t just...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Cells, organs, and a myriad of proteins all working together to keep you healthy and safe. In a nutshell, that is the job of your Immune System. The Immune System may very well be the most advanced and intricate system of the...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life As we head into the deep freeze of winter (here in Northeast Ohio, at least) I thought it would be helpful. As the season progresses, I'll be sharing some of my favorite recipes using many of these ingredients! _______ Think...