Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life
There’s nothing like ending a cold day with a bowl of creamy chowder! Pair it with some whole grain toast and your taste buds and tummy will both be happy!
On top of that, my 17 year old daughter likes it so, in my book, that’s a recommendation worth listening to!
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 cups unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cups chopped fresh (or frozen) broccoli
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled potatoes
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked (or sweet) paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot cook onion, celery, and the remaining garlic over medium 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Add milk, 2 cups of the broccoli, the potatoes, beans, dill, and paprika. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it is mostly smooth. Add remaining broccoli and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Thanks to ForksOverKnives.com once again!
Good news for people who’d rather not choose between nutrition and sustainability: A large-scale study of more than 57,000 food products sold in the United Kingdom and Ireland found that more nutritious items tend to be better for the planet than those with less...
After a few months of cooking everything outside (picnics! beach days! BBQS!), eating as much cold food as possible, and avoiding turning on our hot oven like the plague, we gotta be honest—we get more than a little excited to get back in our kitchens and really cook....
6 Fun Facts About Healthy Eating Healthy Foods Help to Kill Cravings Healthy Food Is Actually Cheaper Healthy Foods Can Make You Happier Most Junk Foods Have Healthy Alternatives Eating Healthy Can Reverse Illnesses A Healthy Diet Is More Effective Than Exercise For...
Not sure about you, but... I'm done with dishwasher pods! There’s a family of toxic chemicals called Phthalates. They can cause asthma, hormone disruption, fertility issues, immune system damage, and weight gain, just to name a few… And, guess what the...
It's National FARM MArket Week. You have many Healthy options at your fingertips! For more great history of National Farmers MArket week, read this article I came across ... https://nationaltoday.com/national-farmers-market-week/Follow:facebook
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Viruses: Next let’s take a look at VIRUSES. These little darlings are non-living strands of DNA and RNA with a protein coat surrounding it. They multiply in a living host. Here’s the icky part. While they often live in plants and...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Now your skin doesn’t work alone. The hair, eyelashes, sweat, and tears all inhibit microbial growth and aid in washing invaders away also. The mouth and nose join in the fight here as well. Did you know that saliva isn’t just...
Reclaim Your Health! Reclaim Your Life Cells, organs, and a myriad of proteins all working together to keep you healthy and safe. In a nutshell, that is the job of your Immune System. The Immune System may very well be the most advanced and intricate system of the...